- 1 1/2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1 sprig fresh oregano
- 5 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 cup ice
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 cup tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup English cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 6 lime wedges, for garnish
- In a large saucepan, combine the broth, oregano and 1 tablespoon lime juice; bring to a simmer.
- Cook for about 5 minutes and discard the oregano.
- Add the shrimp to the pan; cook for about 3 minutes (or until done).
- Transfer the shrimp mixture to a large bowl.
- Stir in the tomato juice, ice and hot sauce. Let stand for 1 minute or until the ice melts.
- Stir in the remaining 1/4 cup lime juice, tomato, onion, cucumber, salt and pepper.
- Let cool, cover and chill.
- When ready to serve, stir in the cilantro.
- Divide the shrimp mixture evenly among 6 bowls; top with diced avocado.
- Garnish with lime wedges.
Makes six servings, 196 Caloiries each.
fat 5.3g/ carbs 11.2g (fiber 2.5g)/ Protein: 26.1g