Chicken Pot Pie
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup (use low sodium!)
- 2 large (boneless, skinless) chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 1/2 cups diced frozen peas and carrots
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- salt and pepper, rosemary, parsley, etc (whatever seasonings you love best)
- 1 cup biscuit mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
*Option* Pot pies are extremely easy to tailor to your palate. Use different vegetables, tofu, and try substituting chicken broth and heavy cream for the canned soup. Also, I cannot stress the importance of seasoning well.
The underside of the dough topping tends to stay undercooked in the center, but every time I’d had a homemade pot pie they’ve been like that, so it’s a comfort to me.