- 1 lb. baby carrots, cleaned and peeled
- 1 can pineapple chunks
- 1 tbs. corn starch
- splash lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Clean and peel the baby carrots.
- Pour the pineapples and sauce into a large saucepan.
- Add the splash of lemon juice and the cornstarch stir well to dissolve the cornstarch and cook the pineapples for a few minutes to thicken the sauce.
- Add the carrots and cook until the carrots are al dente (cooked but still firm).
- Season to flavor with salt and pepper and perhaps a pinch of sugar if you want them sweeter.
Note, if you prefer, you can alternatively, steam the carrots and then pour the pineapple sauce over them. Both ways of cooking have their merits.
Makes four servings, 70 Calories each