Baked Cucumbers with Cauliflower
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, cut in half lengthwise, seeds scooped out
- 4 cauliflower florets
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1-2 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Steam the cauliflower florets for about 5 minutes (they need to remain crisp).
2. Place the prepared cucumber halves in a baking dish, with the cavity side up.
3. Dot the cucumber halves with butter or margarine and sprinkle them with dill weed.
4. Divide the jalapeno and cauliflower between the two cucumber halves, filling the cavities.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Sprinkle on the soy sauce and Parmesan cheese (if using).
7. Pour the chicken stock or water between the halves on the bottom of the baking dish.
8. Bake, uncovered, in a 375 degrees F oven for about 30 minutes.
Servings: two, 166 Calories each