Butternut Squash Soup with Sage
Gina’s Weight Watcher Recipes
- Peel the squash and remove the seeds. Cut into medium size cubes.*
- In a large heavy pot, combine squash, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, sage and broth and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer on low heat for about 40 minutes, until squash is tender.
- Discard the sage and using an immersion blender, puree the soup. (You may also blend in batches in a blender.)
- Add milk and adjust the salt and pepper to taste and serve.
- Great topped with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
* The easiest way to peel butternut squash is to first cut the top and bottom off the squash. Then cut the squash length wise. I could recommend clicking the link (name of recipe) if you need a visual.
Six 1 1/3 cup servings, 56 Calories each
Fat: 0.3 g • Protein: 2.6 g • Carb: 11.4 g • Fiber: 2.6 g