- 1/2 medium cabbage
- 2 carrots
- 1-2 hot chile peppers, thinly sliced or chopped
- 5-6 tablespoons salsa verde
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons vegan mayo or lite silken tofu
- 1/2 teaspoon agave nectar (or other sweetener)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- salt to taste
- Remove and discard the core of the cabbage, and cut cabbage in half. Use a food processor fitted with a shredding disk to shred the cabbage and carrots. Place in a serving bowl along with the sliced chile pepper.
- Whisk all remaining ingredients together until smooth. (If you’re using silken tofu, you may need to blend it in a small blender or food processor.) Add the dressing to the cabbage and mix well. Add salt to taste. Cover and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for at least an hour. Check seasonings before serving and add more salsa, lime juice, cumin, or salt if necessary.
Makes six servings, 25 Calories each (using lite silken tofu)
1g total fat, 151.3mg sodium, 5.1g carbohydrates, 1.1g fiber, 2.5g sugar, 1.4g protein,