Okay, this is one I discovered last October and have been obsessed with ever since. All of my friends love them as well.
- 1/4 cup light butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sweetener (such as Splenda or Truvia)
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar (you NEED this for flavor)
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (or pumpkin spice seasoning. I like mine strong, so 2-3 tsp at least for me)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350º F
- Have ready some ungreased baking sheets (parchment paper or silicone baking sheets are nice though).
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, sweetener and the brown sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Blend in pumpkin, egg white and vanilla extract.
- In separate bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Mix flour mixture into butter-sugar mixture. Dough will be very sticky and very thick.
- Drop tablespoonfuls 3 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes until golden around the edges.
- Remove warm cookies and transfer to racks.
- Let cool completely for a least one half hour before attempting any kind of frosting, but I think they’re amazing without anything added on top.
Makes 24 cookies, 40 Calories each.
Fat 1.1g / Carbs 7.4g (fiber .2g, sugar 3.1g) / Protein .8g