via food.com (I believe…)
Vegetarian Chicken “Baseballs”
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 package vegan “chicken strips” (such as Morning Star Farms or Boca)
- 6 ounces light cream cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh sage or 1/4 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup dried cherries (optional)
- 1 cup Italian cheese crumbles
- 2 packages low fat refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup corn flakes, smashed into crumbs
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions, celery, carrots and chicken strips. Sauté 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Place cream cheese and butter in large, microwave safe bowl. Heat at medium power until very soft, approximately 1 1/2 minutes.
- Add vegetable mixture, rosemary, sage, thyme, pepper, dried cherries and cheese crumbles to bowl. Mix well.
- Open both crescent dough packages and divide each package into 8 squares.
- Place each square on baking sheet. Press lightly along perforations to assure dough stays together
- Place 1/3 cup chicken mixture into the middle of each square.
- Gather the corners of the dough at the top to form a “bundle”. Twist ends together and press edges together to seal.
- Brush melted butter over each bundle.
- Sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon corn flakes crumbs.
- Bake at 350°F approximately 20 minutes or until browned.
Makes 16 servings. Each “baseball” is 220 Calories each.
14g fat (8 saturated) / 16g Carbs (3g sugar) / 9g protein