Ever have apple butter? Well this is the pumpkin version!
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 - 2 tablespoons granulated sweetener (Splenda/stevia/Truvia/etc; you may not even want more sweetness after the brown sugar - taste before adding)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon clove
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (or 1 and 1/4 tbs pumpkin pie spice instead of all of those)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling mix)
- Combine everything except the canned pumpkin in a microwaveable one quart bowl. Mix well.
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes, then stir.
- Mix in the pumpkin well, and microwave on high 5 minutes longer. It should be bubbly after these five minutes.
- Put into clean, sterilized jars for gift-giving, or into other clean, airtight containers for home use.
Remember to keep this refridgerated! It will keep up to three weeks, but you can freeze in an ice cube tray for individual servings to thaw for later.
Makes two cups, or 16 servings or two tablespoons, 20 Calories per serving.
Fat 0g / Carb 5.7 G (sugar 4.8g, fiber .3g) / Protein .2g