- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, shredded
- Place eggplant slices in a colander over a plate; sprinkle with salt and gently toss. Let stand 30 minutes before rinsing and draining well.
- Coat each side with nonstick cooking spray and place on broiling pan.
- Top eggplant with tomatoes, basil and cheeses and place in oven with broiler on
- Broil until eggplant is tender and cheese is golden and bubbly (you HAVE to watch this)
Personally, I like using my toaster oven for this, since I can see into it better.
Makes four servings, 145 Calories each. (Use your judgement in splitting the eggplant into quarters.)